November 2, 2011

Version 7.6.2

The upgrade project last night completed without too many issues, much to my relieve. I have been tweaking the upgrade plan for 3 weeks now trying to cover every angle and aspect of the upgrade process, trying to minimize any impact to the production network and to cover my own backside in case we did run into trouble. And it was a great feeling when it gone with pretty much a breeze last night. I think I have been in Cyberjaya for about 5/6 years and I hardly get involved with projects... most of the time it will just be the usual work in supporting the client data centers. The last 3 years have been an eye opener, slowly they start to let me in to some projects... nothing too big but just enough to keep me interested in my work. My work gets routine sometimes so it is good to have something else to work on when things gets too familiar and you became complacent. I was not made to work in the IT industry but I got to pay the bills somehow right ?

So it's version 7.6.2 now, a big step from our previous version 7.4.2... many new features that I cant wait to explore... but it will have to wait... I got some time off planned this 2 weeks... and I'm going up north for a cousin's wedding... I'm planning to take a few more since I have a lot of annual leave still... still pissed at my cancel trip to Phuket on July... planning another trip there next year... maybe in March... hopefully this time around it wont be cancel again... 

Am I easily smitten ? I'm guessing yes... too bad... I need to learn some defense technique to avoid getting into that dark place once again... but so far it is manageable... my quota of heartbreak per year is 3... and it have been utilized but only 1 that really hurts, the rest was just an innocent crush than turn into something sweet but didn't last long enough to hurt as much as the first one this year... the latest ? oh sorry I have maxed out my quota... if you wanna break my heart... please try again next year :)

-I don't blame you for being you, but you can't blame me for hating it-

No comments: