December 7, 2012

No luck stranger

I am having no luck trying to see us through your eyes...
The perseverance weakens, my foothold slips,
and I fall down this long and winding tunnel,
living all the persistence that comes to nothing
(nice job Mr. I leave it too late)

Uncommon ground to lie on
bedding in all the disappointment
while the fury of another failure
sinking in strengthening the will to carry on
and in some distant future
Success lie waiting to be claimed

I am having no luck trying to see you now through my eyes
your grip is slipping and no longer weakens me
this fall while bad enough to 'cause an heartache
is a blessing in disguise, sunshine after the storm

I guess I should let it just be
Things happened for a reason
And I got no reason to
be bitter at what had happened
We are having no luck at being there for each other
So let just be strangers in a strange land

No comments: