June 26, 2010

Fire away

"That's it... I'm giving up" read my Facebook status update... it was not a downright suicide note or anything... I was actually trying to stay awake for one of the Argentina world cup game at 2:30am but my eyes weren't having any of it... no cooperation at all... so I wrote that status update a fell asleep within minutes after that... a friend asked me about it after a few days... I think he misunderstand the meaning... although giving up on everything related to my life was always in the back of my mind... If I do not have any financial commitment to adhere to... I just might just give up... not on being alive though... but on everything else lah... :)

I think July (and the last week of June) is going to be really hard... I had 3 project to deal with... 2 of it can be consider a major ones... a DR drill (which I screwed up badly the list time I was involved in it (which was my first time)... a phase that I call "career suicide move")... and an upgrade for one of the master server... this one I have no experience with and I'm kinda scared... you know being a pessimist and all... sometimes I wonder if my boss is asking a bit too much of me... without any proper documentation and training or certification... I know what better way to learn than by actually doing it but this is a production environment... any mistake could cost the customer a bomb... I mean I had kind of the big picture of how I'm supposed to handle the upgrade... but you can bet that ridiculously big salary of yours, that something will go astray and I will be clueless of what to do... production environment has the tendency to screw up when you least expecting it... oh well lets not worry about it too much yea... the more you worries the more it will be a burden...

Okey... I think I need to get out for a while... Uruguay and the USA will moved on to the quaver final I hope... am going to call my friends for a game of snooker or two...

1 comment:

Ri... said...

Never give up... :)