November 11, 2010

Now in my 30s

Just a little something I wrote for my 30th birthday last Wednesday... I am ancient :P


In the dead silent of the night
A lifetime of memories formed within myself
Are regurgitated, through the medium of sound
The deafening noise of the darkness that surrounds me
That bottomless place filled with rage and emptiness
I am alone with my thoughts

Falling through the never ending flashbacks
The rise and the falls, the greats and the doomed
Calling out my name,time and time again
Pushing me further to the point of no return
Spiraling away towards oblivion
I am in denial

Trying to remember the time when hope is plentiful
Replenish by the undying spirit to live on
A purpose, an aim for us to care about
And if you turned around, you'll see me
Pushing on, cheering for your glory
I can't walk away now

Can I be the only hope for you, because you're the only hope for me... ?

3 comments:

Dottie With Dots said...

Happy birthday OLD man :P

fallen_again said...

Thanks :)
Old man indeed :)

Anonymous said...

ooh, so sweet.. happy birthday aboo