June 16, 2011

Straight lines

I saw the movie Super 8 last week... I wouldn't say that it was everything I thought it would be... I had a higher expectation but still any movie that involve aliens fascinated me more than any other type of movies... It was the midnight show... start at 12:59AM and I was tired from work... almost felt asleep half way through it... and I had to drive all the way back to Puchong once the show is over... It was somewhere in Ampang... cheap cinema with crappy seat but at least it is easier to get tickets there than in KL... I had to push myself for the drive back home... I would have just gone to my mother place if the time wasn't 3AM... I hate to woke her up... I ended up sleeping at around 4AM... luckily the next day was Saturday... and I can't get over the fact that the alien in Super 8 looks almost exactly like the ones from Cloverfield (both film were JJ Abram's)...

Ok lah, not in the mood to write the whole movie review stuff... go ahead and watch it yourself... if you are like me... you'll love this one... I mean I have seen better alien movies..but this one is not that terrible... Elle Fanning was awesome in this one... so does the other kids... especially that firecracker kid... the alien... hmm what could I say... it looked fierce... and that it could have killed everyone... but they mixed emotion to it's character and that was a disaster (from my view anyway)... you could get away with that if your alien looks like ET (you know the friendly type not a killer type)... but when your alien is a one bad ass outer space creature... emotion is not the kind of thing you'd associate it with... I rather have the alien as a mean killing machine instead... well that just me... apart from that... the rest of the movie is for a lack of a better word... awesome...

Enjoy your weekend people...

“I am an idiot ladies and gentlemen!”

No comments: