May 19, 2014

Lets tango, Hazel...

Hello there,

Finally the weekend is over, though I usually treasure the weekend as much as the next person, but its no fun when you have to be on call for the weekend... in fact it is a hellish experience... though after about 10 years in the IT field... I am used to it... doesn't mean I can't complaint about it... I will always complaint... 10 years in It is a long time... the sad truth about the IT support guy... while computers are meant to make human life easier... supporting the system is not an easy task... the average IT guy works for more than 40 hours a week... He is on call 24/7 (being in a team does help, as well as the global support team)... he never get the compliment when the system works... but get all the screaming when it failed... seriously I did not know why I am still in this line of work... Probably because I watched the movie hackers and decided I wanted to be one... though, truth be told, what I do is so far away from being a hacker.. I don't do programming... and my programming skill is worse at best... I cant even do the basic HTML coding anymore... my shell scripting are basics... geez seriously... what am I doing here...

Ok so anyway last weekend wasn't so bad... 2 medium high calls, 1 turn out to be a false alarm and the other one was a simple fix... I guess ever since we manage to stabilize the systems and the migrations process finally complete... the on call work load isn't as heavy as it used to be... and I should be grateful.. at least I have a job... It could have been worse... I could have gone into engineering field as planned and get no where... how many of my engineering friends are actually working in engineering fields ? less than 10% I think... most of them ended up doing something that are not related to their studies... the point is.. you can plan all you want, the future are not as predictable as you thought it was... that's what so great about it... the unpredictability... the melancholy of not being able to do anything about it... the beautiful ideas of what you wanted it to be and what it eventually will become...

Owh Ok the weekend... that was the point of this entry/post but I'm over it now...

There, you see.. the beauty of unpredictability... I was going to write about something else but then ending up writing about something else... just beautiful... immense and cosmic....

Ok.. I am blabbering like nobody's business...

And I was supposed to finish reading the fault in our stars before the movie comes out in June... current progress... PAGE 6... like seriously, after 3 weeks still at page 6... man I really need to focus...
I promise myself to finish it before the movie come out.. hopefully I would be able to do so...

Ok roger and out

4 comments:

cacah said...

tak faham gak pasal ni. mana cerita weekend nya?

fallen_again said...

ahahahaha... yeah I am over it... plus kawe lupo nak kecek ghapo sebenarnyer... hehehehe
itu yang jadi lain tu...

cacah said...

how's the book so far?
macam nak beli je.
tengok dalam FB orang share trailer cam sedih je movie ni.
ada ala2 a walk to remember ke?

fallen_again said...

the book is awesome... i am a fan of john green though so i might be bias...

beli jangan tak beli... BBW tak jual kot sebab the book is still consider new... so kena beli kat mph or maybe check at payless or book axcess for bargain...

ade sket2 la macam a walk to remember...

and dont forget to watch the movie...

this is my second john green novel.. the first one i read was An Abundance of Katherines...