November 5, 2008

gutshot!

I am currently reading a book called "an abundance of Katherines"... it is about a dude who got dump by a girl named Katherine and he has been dumped by a katherine 18 time before that.. . so he is kinda dumbstruck by his failures with Katherine. There's lot of reviews about it on the net.. you guys can just google it if you are curious... I am about half way through it... and i gotta to say that it is a fairly interesting read so far... road trip, nerd, girls, math... (OK math does not really interest me)... in a way I kinda able to relate to the protagonist... being rejected sucks.. not mysteries there...

so anyway, while reading the book (in between reading really, you have to concentrate on what you are reading to actually understand it)... i wonder why i cant bring myself to finish reading Elizabeth Kostova's the historian... ?? it is a very good read really (dracula never seems to bore people right??? )... the constant traveling is a bit boring to me as i cannot imagine being where they are... the description is great and all but still... it is hard to imagine a medieval castle when you haven't been to one... there are less than a 100 page to go... and i have been stalling it for a year now... i cant remember the whole story by now... i guess i probably need to re-read it all over again... and it is a thick book by my standard... sigh...

Oh and Artemis Fowl latest book is in store (i think, haven't been checking out borders or kinokuniya for years really).. so if you are thinking of getting me a present.. please oh please get me this book --> Artemis Fowl : the time paradox.... hahahaha OK, no you don't have to... but you can if you want to... either or a double CD of green day's American Idiot and Dookie... not so sure if they still sells it @ tower record... but i remember holding it in my hand (and desperately wanted to steal it) at tower records a couple of years ago... there were the only green day albums that i do no owned (yet). Downloading cannot be considered the same as owning the original CDs... the satisfaction is different... the same as owning a triple A grade imitation watch and owning the real one... but I'm OK with imitations to a certain degree... especially when it involves very very expensive things...

- i could not remember loving you as much as i miss you right now -

2 comments:

Apa Kau Nak said...

Hmmm....I miss going to Kino too. Well, it's super tough to find own time when you have kids. SO PLEASE GO AND ENJOY YOURSELF AND ALL THE 'LONELY-TIME' WHILE YOU CAN!

Last I went to Kino with Dean (4 yrs), he make me broke with expensive encyclopedia of BUGS. Ewwww....boys...

fallen_again said...

haha... lucky Dean...

ye lor i pun missed going to the bookstores...