November 12, 2008

It's like french kissing a dragon!!!


An abundance of Katherines!!!

Published in 2006, this novel has got tonnes of review out in cyberspace... so I wont waste time to review it because A). I am not good at reviewing things and B). my vocabulary is too limited to actually write a decent review that this novel deserved...

All I can say is... most guys (especially nerds and dudes who got dumped more than one really want to remember) will be able to related to the protagonist in the story... it is an awesome story.. a very simple and cliched storyline but told in an interesting way... the same old basic stuff... boy lose girl.. boy meet new girl...boy and girl falls for each other.. the end... familiar right?? yeah.. I thought so too.. the sub plot is what makes the story great... a word of caution though.... if you dig math back in school and this book would probably be even more great... me on the other hand, hated math... and true enough... all the math that we learn in school and college do not apply in our lives or even our work... but apart from the whole math theorem... the story was exceptional great (at least in my view)... the last part of the book was funny as hell... a good read... The last time I check there is 1 copy of this novel @ borders... have not managed to find it @ Kinokuniya... but then again it has been ages since I last went to Kinokuniya.... I got mine from Karl who is generous enough not to ask me for the money it took to get this book from the US to Malaysia... Amazon and E-bay sells it on the cheap dey! but the postage and delivery is very expensive... luckily for me Karl managed to find a way to get it here with lesser cost.. was supposed to pay him around RM20++ (real cheap compared to the price @ borders... and it's the hard cover version as well) for the novel... when he said "no need lah.. that's your birthday present".. so, thank you dude... I took my time reading this one as I wanted to enjoy it as much as I can... but the last 2 chapter was so very fascinating that I had to finished it last night... plus I was in a very good mood due to the whole perfect rain thingy that happened to me (refer previous post)... still living off it.. woo hoo... it probably dies off by the weekend but hentam je lah.. sementara boleh happy... just be happy la...

2 comments:

a z r e e n a said...

rm20++ for a hard cover? ke-jeles-an yang melampau melanda okie.

and ppl wonder why malaysian do not read as much.cuz the fuckin books cost a fortune and im just a penniless struggling student. how can it be logical for me to fork out rm30++ for a paperback that i'm gonna finish in one night?

can i sorta date your fren karl so that he'll send me tons of hard covers to read? :)

boleh la yeah?

the book sounds interesting btw. i hate math tho.

Anonymous said...

haha... yup real cheap...

date karl??? hahaha i wonder what would ur bf think about that.. haha
karl do drop by once in a while here on this blog... maybe i'll let him answer your question.. lol