April 20, 2009

I blinked and now it's gone

The weekend went by without a shred of tainted moments... Yeah sure I was on duty again for standby and apart from a crappy moments of slow VPN/Internet connection on Saturday night... everything was OK... there was not even the now all too familiar boredomness that I used to rant about last weekend... I guess I have now come to terms with the fact that... even though the standby duty in my current company is uber-boring but it pays the bill and there are no longer calls during the early hours of the morning.. something that was a routine in my previous company... especially on Monday morning when you needed a good night sleep in order to be back at the office @ 8:30 am... sure it was interesting meddling with issues that you can fixed.. or even issues that you definitely needed help with.. at least you get to disturbed other people sleep for a change... hahaha... So anyway work is fine for now... i have a feeling that it wont be this way in the future... My team definitely needs more action.. we have become stagnant... With that in mind, I requested some work from the US for us here in KL... so for the next few weeks... we are to meddle with ORACLE backups, Hosts files and daemons... hahaha... hopefully that would keep my team occupied for a while..

Went out for a drink or two with Aida on Saturday night after I had all the media and backups running (it's not often i get to go out during standby but what the heck, I know how the system act nowadays)... Luckily there were no restoration over the weekend... Aida is moving back to her hometown... "I guess I'm a small town girl after all" she said... hmm... makin boring la hidup aku nie... so we talk about everything under the sun that night... It has been a while since I last talked to Aida.. so there were so many things to talk about... We were supposed to go to Pusat Bandar Damansara but somehow ended up @ Uptown... My sense of direction is gone... I need to go out Cheras area more... It was a great night... went back @ around 2am...

I think my latest conquest is doomed... but it is expected... so on to the next target...

UPDATE:-
Conquest pursuit since September 08 :- 4
Successful :- NIL
Failed :- 2
Unknown :- 2

Expecting to failed a lot this year... haha... I haven't been in the game for far too long so it's obvious I need some buffer before getting back to my best... LOL... like I was any good before... but I'm not getting any younger so I got to give it a go... losing is part of the game... the most difficult part is the first hurdle... I am big/fat.. so to get girls see pass that is not easy... it's not like I have a charming personality to dazzle them... and I don't blame people who can't see pass the physical appearance... I am having a difficult time to do that as well... even if I'm much uglier... we are living in a superficial world... looks and money counts... but anyway that's a challenge for me to tackle... doubting myself has not gotten me anywhere... so a bit of optimism here could put a spring in my steps... who knows...

1 comment:

Capt. Janeway said...

does anyone read this blog...lets comment and count the responses..help my friend out here...thanks